1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s about a blood cult composed entirely of wealthy old men kidnapping children to perform blood magic. A group of tight knit friends finds out this is happening and decides it’s up to them to put an end to it.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
I would say it falls under horror and comedy. I mean I think it’s funny, at least.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I think the themes of elitism and helplessness will resonate with a lot of people. Especially when those themes are surrounded by gore and obscenities.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I have seen “Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind” a disgusting amount of times.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I started a (terrible) rough draft of this years ago and just came back to it last year.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written a ton of stories but this one is my favorite.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
“who fell asleep in” – los campesinos!
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The biggest obstacle is just being broke. it’s hard to be creative when you have no money haha.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I have a super deep love of hip hop. I’m always collecting memorabilia and vinyl.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Filmfreeway is awesome. It’s been nothing but positive using their site.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The initial feedback was actually really great! It helped point out some things that definitely needed fixing in my script. genuinely way better feedback than any other contest i have submitted to. I would definitely recommend this festival.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A group of Latino hipsters must save missing children from their town’s retirement home wizard death cult.
Narration: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
The Masked Man: Geoff Mays
Patrick: Allan Michael Brunet