1) What is the theme of your poem?
It is the Easter story. It is about the four days from Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday, the events that unfolded during those four days, and the actions of some of those players (Judas Iscariot, Herod, Pilate, the Roman soldiers, the apostle Peter).
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
This was my first poem, which I wrote about 5 years ago.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
My late father-in-law, Chief Nathan Olavae from Barakoma Village, Vella Lavella, Solomon Islands. I would like to tell him once again how much i appreciate him giving his permission for his beautiful daughter to become my wife 35 years ago.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
Receiving a free post for my poem was much appreciated, but the offer to get it performed by a professional actor at a very reasonable price was an opportunity not to be missed. Thank you Wild Sound Festival.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I have completed an anthology of short stories and three novels, and am working on two other novels. See details at https://www.lesbillgates.com/
7) What is your passion in life?
Family, writing, mathematics and cricket.
Watch the Poetry Reading: