DEADMAN OR (THE SUDDEN CONCERN FOR A EULOGY) was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the July 2021 COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A little bit of boredom, but mostly I made it to exercise my filmmaking muscles while in quarantine during the pandemic.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make your movie?
I think it took about a month to outline and plan out. I shot it in a day and it took about a week to edit. Then two weeks to score it.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Filming alone. It is very hard to film something by yourself, especially when you envision a lot of movement. Almost of the movement was done in post, but I did have my camera on a Roomba for some shots.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Surprised and happy that everyone picks out a different favorite part.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Maybe around 10 years old. I just loved movies, especially horror films. At that time I wanted to be an actor and always dreamed of being in a movie where I had a cool death scene.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I really like it, but it’s addicting. It makes it really easy spend a lot of money on festivals. I spend more on festivals than on my films.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Recently shot a Thriller/horror film so that should be hitting the festival circuit next month.