ART SHOW EROTICA was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the July 2021 COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My friend Riley, who is in the film as Riley, motivated me to do this. She herself is an amazing artist. She is also super funny and has a great sense of humor, I knew I wanted to put her on screen as an art student but with a twist…something real yet funny. I think the erotic photograph sort of just wrote itself into the script, it seems unbelievable that someone would showcase their private area like that but in our modern world believable….sex sells. I also wanted a strong female who experiences growth and establishes confidence in herself.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make your movie?
8 months! Yikes! Thanks COVID.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Editing! I struggled to make the editing fit my vision and had to step back at one point to accept how it was. It ended up being great, but the process was grueling. I ended up hiring an editor to finish it for me.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt so incredibly lucky and grateful. I thought to myself “wow I did that and people liked it!”
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Probably in high school, I made a documentary senior year about Irish Dancing. It sparked my interest in film!
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Pride and Prejudice
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I loved it! It was so easy to submit.
9. What is your favorite meal?
I love a good burger and fries or a creamy pasta
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m working on two scripts right now! Shooting one this August and the other in the Fall! I’m also taking acting classes and pursuing roles in LA.