THE TEST was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the July 2021 DRAMA Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
What motivated me the most was my grandma`s death. Another motivation (inspiration) was Stanislaw Lem`s literature.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make your film?
Well, about 9 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Mind fuck! (if it`s inappropriate, I can say: mind blowing)
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Shooting in a dashing train.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was really moved. And impressed how deep audience`s analysis are.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I wanted to make films when I was a child, but I started seriously thinking about it while studying Internation Relations and realizing I`m not interested in politics 😀 few years later I went to film school (Krzysztof Kieslowski Film School in Katowice)
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
“Interstellar” (hmm, maybe “Amelie”!)
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think its great idea to connect filmmakers all over the world.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Pike perch in a butter-leek sauce
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I`ve just finished another short fiction film called “The Cabin”. I`m planning to send it to film festivals and I hope it will have good reception.