1. What is your screenplay about?
My movie “Marianas Web” is about a woman named Dani, who is released from prison and soon finds herself falling back into old habits to try and clear the debt that her cancer ridden mother left behind. She ends up finding a red room which opens her world to more torture and loss then she ever thought was possible. It’s a wild ride that ends with fighting for your life.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
The genre my screenplay would fall under would definitely be Horror.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I think there’s many reasons why this should be turned into a movie but the largest one is how it plays into modern technology and how the world is today. Everything is done online, work, dating, social gatherings. And I think this shows that what you see online is only the tip of the iceberg of what is actually going on and what can be accessed online.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
If I was to describe it in two words it would either be “Blood Bath” or “Wild Ride”
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I think the movie I’ve seen most times in my life would be a tie between “Ginger Snaps” and “Den of Thieves”
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I’ve been working on my screenplay now for a little over a year. I started it right around the time when the pandemic happened.
7. How many stories have you written?
As of right now I’ve written about 3 features and 2 short film screenplays
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
That is such a hard question, but I think my favorite song is Scars by Papa Roach.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
My biggest obstacle would have been myself. I like to overthink every single thing so it was just me constantly going back and forth with myself. Like oh that’s a really good line then back to oh no that sucks. So it was a back and forth thing haha
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Other then writing, I’m very passionate about helping others. I am a full time nurse and I work very hard to make sure that my patients are taken care of and get all the help and support they need until they get better.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I love submitting through FilmFreeway because they make it super easy to keep track of your submissions and also I’ve found a lot of festivals that I typically wouldn’t have found on my own.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I thought the concept for this festival was awesome and the fact that you had an opportunity to have your work performed was amazing! The first initial feedback was very positive and showed me that someone actually put in the time to read more then just the first page of my work.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Recently released from prison, Dani enters a room that she may never escape.
Narrator: Sean Ballantyne
Rose/Dani: Hannah Ehman
Fairy/Mom: Kyana Teresa
Ghost/Sean: Shawn Devlin
Analiese: Allison Kampf