OUSIA played to rave reviews at the April 2021 CHICAGO Feedback Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
When I open my eyes – I can see a world with sorrow and sadness. I have been watching people choose chaos instead of peace; Trouble instead of solution; And war instead of art. So I decided to make a film about it.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Humanity and Essence
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Budget and the fact of making a movie during the covid-19 pandemic.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was completely inspiring. It was powerful and grateful to see people understanding our work.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was a little boy. I have ever been obsessed with the idea of making movies. I was just a curious boy.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The 400 Blows and La La Land.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are your feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It’s great! It gives you a great perspective about festivals.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I want to apply to study filmmaking in Canada. But I already started a new project. I have been dealing with pre-production.