THE DRY SALVAGES played to rave reviews at the FEMALE Feedback Film Festival in May 2021.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
This film was heavily influenced and inspired by the works of the great master of cinema, Wong Kar-Wai.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
Roughly 6 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Casting was quite a challenge in the beginning as I had very specific ideas as to the kind of actors I need for this film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was deeply touched by the audience feedback. I particularly love the fact that everyone had a slightly different interpretation of what the story is about. That’s the beauty of experimental films.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In my teen years. I made my debut feature film when I was 19.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
In The Mood for Love by Wong Kar-Wai
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think the platform is great and easy to navigate.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I am currently rehearsing my next short film, Mystery of Love and developing my next feature film, Four Quartets.