1. What is your screenplay about?
IN HYDING is an unusual treatment of the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde tale in which Hyde is Jekyll as he believes himself born to be—a woman. Jekyll was traumatized by his father when his father caught him with another man while he was dressed as a woman, and he was viciously punished by him for this perceived transgression. Much of what happens with Jekyll and Hyde stems from this one event. The death of Jekyll’s father now allows Jekyll to explore the side of himself that he had hidden all those years when his father was alive. Thus, Miss Hyde is born when Jekyll’s father dies, and she is finally living the life she desired and feels she should be living, now that Jekyll’s overbearing father is no longer in control.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
LGBT, Romance, Thriller, and Social Commentary
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I believe the time is right for it.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What two movies have you seen the most times in your life?
To Kill a Mockingbird and Storm of the Century
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I believe close to five years now.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I don’t have a favorite song. I do often listen to soundtracks from movies and usually listen
to them when writing.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
My own self doubt as to whether there would ever be an interest in it.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Politics and a fair playing field for the working individual.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
The FilmFreeway submission platform is easy to use, and I’ve often utilized it for submissions to film competitions.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
LGBT issues. The feedback was quite instructive and beneficial.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Narrator: Allan Michael Brunet
Landon/Poole: Sean Ballantyne
Henry/Hyde: Julie Sheppard
Fanny/Miss Stevens: Hannah Ehman
Utterson/Policeman: Bill Poulin