COUPLE played to rave reviews at the March 2021 DIVERSITY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
It’s my dream to study film and to actually do one, since I was 15 years old. Now I’m 43 with 3 kids, so I had to really want this to happen. I quit my job, and neglected the kids for about a year, with allot of support from my husband.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Editing took 10 months. During that time it became very clear that the story doesn’t work. So together with Neta the editor, we rewrote all the last third of the movie, and did another shooting day, which was a nightmare.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I loved the idea that people from a cross the globe, total strangers from a different time and space, reacted in an intimate way to my world, to my film.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was 15, and watched a puppet animated movie that rock my world.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The Wall/Pink Floyd. Spider-Man 2, 2004.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It’s great. Easy and fast. But, I feel like I have no idea what is the best festival choices for my film.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Salad, rice and mali kofta. With pizza and beer as a complementary.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Animation short film. Or maybe a room full of paintings that will tell a story.