1. What is your screenplay about?
My screenplay is about 6 very intelligent misfits that sign up to be part of the first scientific expedition to MARS. In truth, the expedition is a ruse for a psychological study to see how 6 individuals will work and live together alone on a spacecraft for a long period of time. Two astronauts know the truth but are afraid of giving the secret away. Everyone has something to prove and to hide.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It deals with real issues of the day be it gun control, abortion, gender equality, etc.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Fun and entertaining
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I don’t know. I watch a lot of movies over and over again.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A couple of years. I wrote a 30-page draft in a week but I dig it out every now and then just to make changes.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have been writing stories since I was about 7 but I tend to be unsatisfied with them and toss them in the can.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I would probably say something by an obscure New Wave band from the eighties. Songs from 4 out of 5 doctors or The Producers but like everyone else I have my share of top 40 downloads on iTunes.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
While I am working on a project I tend to be easily distracted by new stories that pop into my head. It’s a fight that sometimes I win and sometimes I lose.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about anything that has to do with imagination. For me, imagination has always been more important than making great grades in school.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What have been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I like Filfreeway because it is user friendly. I have nothing but positive things to say about it.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
My feedback was tough but honest. Actually, I ended up scrapping everything except the initial plot.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Jealousy takes center stage when two friends apply for the same job to become the first M.D. on Mars.
Narrator: Steve Rizzo
Jamie: Shawn Devlin
Nance /Berkley: Allan Michael Brunet
Amy: Val Cole
AJ: Bill Poulin