1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s about a couple who play with things that are better left alone – like demonic rituals.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
It’s definitely a horror screenplay – subgenre, demonic.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
As is, it’s a really good scare for a short film and an interesting concept that I’d like to expand upon for a feature-length screenplay.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Breakfast Club
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It’s interesting. I came up with the idea for this screenplay in 2014 and started writing it but never finished. I recently had a friend who asked if I’d be interested in making a short film and I dusted this off and finished it.
7. How many stories have you written?
This is the only screenplay I’ve actually finished but I have about a half dozen in different stages.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
That’s a tough one but I’ll say ‘These Arms of Mine’ by Otis Redding. It’s mine and my wife’s wedding song.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Not knowing how to write a screenplay! Hahaha.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’ve always been passionate about film and music; they’ve both been a huge part of my life since I was a child.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It was fairly user-friendly. I was introduced to it quite recently when someone asked me to judge short films for ‘The Magic of Horror’ film festival and I started poking around to see what other festivals there were out there.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
When I was surfing around FilmFreeway, I just sort of stumbled across HORROR Underground Film & Screenplay Festival and what drew me to it was the promise of “full feedback” because that’s what I need; I’ve never submitted anywhere before and really don’t know what I’m doing. I know that I can tell a story but I don’t know much about proper format and the feedback from this festival has been incredible…paragraphs of notes and suggestions of edits, with reasons why for the suggestion. HORROR Underground literally made my screenplay better.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A couple, expecting a child, toy with the demonic.
Narrator: Val Cole
Deborah: Hannah Ehman
John: Allan Michael Brunet