HOME BREAK IN played to rave reviews at the January 2021 Under 5 Minute Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I felt ready to produce my very first short film, but with the covid-19 conditions it was hard to do something bigger. So I thought that making a one minute film would be a good exercise to evaluate my storytelling skills.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
Approximately 2 weekends.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Intriguing and surprising.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Doing everything by myself. My boyfriend helped me with couple of things but it is hard to direct and act for the same project, one can’t be objective on the acting skills.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Grateful for the nice comments. It was constructive and fun.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I had the clear image of someone with black boots jumping onto a balcony. I wanted some action, mystery and fun, all in one. Then I started thinking what could be the reasons, other than killing or robbing, why someone breaks into someone else’s apartment.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The hidden face. Directed by Andrés Baiz
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It is simply great. Easy to find festivals and with an friendly interface.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Inevitable – Shakira.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I am currently writing my next film and hopefully will produce it this year.