The feature film ALASKA LONG HUNTERS is currently playing at multiple festivals around the world, including recently the Chicago FEEDBACK Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
It’s based on my book – Last of the Long Hunters, written to capture the my life in the 60’s – 80’s in Arctic Alaska
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this feature?
6 years, 2015 – 2020
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Working with the Director to get the truth out, he wanted nothing to do with the faith part, even though that was clear from the start.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Their reactions was the hopeful end of the film.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
Family and friends urging me on
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Dancing with Wolves, Yellow Ribbon, Jedediah Johnson had the most impact
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It was simple and had the broad marketing and audience I was hoping for
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Nothing in particular save 60’s and 70’s pop
10. What is next for you? A new film?
We have signed contracts to take ALH to a feature film with a full complement of actors and expand on the untold parts of the story. Plan to rename it “Alaska Rescue Story.”