Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Alexander Etseyatse: A full year after COVID – 19 “Coronavirus” hits New York City, a recently fired young mentally unstable Black Chef attempt to reclaim his glory days by starting a catering company with his old friends and winning back his ex-fiancee and daughter after a force stays at a psychiatric clinic.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Drama, with some comedy.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it’s very timely and needed, a lot of mentally ill people suffer because of a lack of knowledge on how to deal with it.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Do The Right Thing
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About 2 years
7. How many stories have you written?
Over 20 stories in the last 20 years.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Human Nature by Michael Jackson, it’s a song that takes me back to my youth
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
It’s not finished, it’s 85% done but should be able to finish it up this year.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Filmmaking, I love the whole process.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
It’s pretty good, it’s streamlined everything to make it’s easy as possible.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback, you received?
I really wanted to get a live read without me casting it and putting a read together. I wanted to see it in someone else hands. The reception has been very positive.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A full year after COVID – 19 “Coronavirus” hits New York City, a recently fired young mentally unstable Black Chef attempt to reclaim his glory days by starting a catering company with his old friends and winning back his ex-fiancee and daughter after a force stays at a psychiatric clinic.
Narrator: Allison Kampf
LUIS/TELLER (M): Allan Michael Brunet
OTIS/DERRICK (M): Geoff Mays
NURSE BELLS(F): Elizabeth Rose Morriss