Matthew Toffolo: What is your short story about?
Tahnee Langshaw: It is about a young singer who has just lost her mum to cancer.
Her mother was always such a huge influence on her life – constantly
challenging and testing her, treating her like an adult even as a child.
As her singing career grew and the pressures from the public crept in she
retreated into her music, scared of the responsibility and not ready to be a
leader and mentor to these young kids. But when her mother was diagonised it
suddenly hit her what it felt like to be alone – and what some of these kids
feel like everyday not having someone to learn and look up too. So it was then
she learned to lead and pass on her mothers message.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
Inspirational. Entertainment. Young Adult.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Seabiscuit. Best movie ever has everything you could want in a film.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Honestly too many. But an old fav is INXS – Never Tear Us A part.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
My mother and brother’s novel that they wrote together – The Actrix Stone.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
Oprah Winfrey hands down.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Acting. Dancing. Yoga. Reading. Watching movies and t.v series.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
Honestly have never heard someone other than me read my words out-loud before.
Was super cool I loved it.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write something you would be proud to leave behind. Always have a message.
Watch the Short Story Reading:
A story about a young famous singer who discovers her reason for being here through the death of her mother.
Performed by Allison Kampf