Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Petros Niamonitakis: I think I was suddenly bitten by a fly
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
-We worked on this project for about 1 year and a half counting a few breaks in between
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
-Fun & tragic
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
-Fortunately, there was no obstacle. Everything went smoothly except the 3D rendering I guess.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
-Public opinion is the probably the toughest judge to win over. At the same time having positive reactions is the best reward for a director. That’s why it usually makes me both nervous and excited. The overall feeling was very pleasant and I feel grateful for every one of them and I want to thank them very much.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
-I got the idea for this film by the irresistible notion of “creativity for fun”.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
-Hard to remember, as I usually watch the movies I like again and again. I think the easiest answer would be “the Eraserhead by David Lynch”.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
-I thought it is very user friendly. At least to me.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
-Beautiful boy by John Lennon
10. What is next for you? A new film?
-As we found ourselves with tons of free time because of the quarantine
(due to covid 19) I have already finished a new animation short film entitled ” The Day After C”.