Matthew Toffolo: What is your short story about?
Maureen Kellar-Kirby: This story includes alleged communication from the spirit of Jimi Hendrix after a seance was held in 1972 (two years after he died) although it is only a part of the whole story which includes other material that has been condensed into a movie script. The communication is a poem called “The Marshmallow Box” and has been retitled “Jimmy Cricket Has Jumped the Wicket”. This material has been kept secret for 47 years and is now being made public – the motive being to reveal Jimi’s message – “Oh baby, no body ever dies and other mysteries of the afterlife. I will consider it being made into a movie, although the script itself tells more of the whole story.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
This genres is Paranormal.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
“Brother How Art Thou”.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Belly Button Window – Jimi Hendrix
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
7. What motivated you to write this story?
It is time to tell this story and let Jimi’s fans decide for themselves what they think about it.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
Jimi Hendrix of course – to dinner.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Passionate about – the paranormal and contact with the deceased, unsolved mysteries and music.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
My publisher mentioned this contest to me.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Publish now while you are here to tell the tale
Watch the Short Story Reading:
A woman, haunted by the events of a seance that took place two years after the death of Jimi Hendrix in 1972 is still not able to explain the contents of a poem, alleged supernatural communication from the rock star – until now, forty-seven years later.
Performed by Carina Cojeen
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.