Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Matthew Papadopoulos: Adam, a virgin college student, creates his virtual perfect girlfriend Sarah V… then meets her real-life lookalike Sarah who is anything but perfect.
Will Adam realize that falling in love with Sarah V would mean he could only ever love himself? Will he admit that, with all her foibles and flaws, he loves Sarah and needs to win her heart if it isn’t too late and before his rival irrevocably does so? Will these pesky questions never end?
Find out by seeing the film of the screenplay on your local streaming device sometime soon… or just abandon all this suffering caused by the unsatisfactory nature of temporary things, including pleasant but temporary experiences such as The Real Thing, and instead, strive for Nirvana…
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Romantic Comedy and Sci-Fi.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I need the money. Apart from that, and less importantly, it delves with themes about love
and reality pertaining to the now and near future that will be hotly debated.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Lord of The Rings trilogy – 25 times up to now (art imitating life).
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Not long enough to please every reader.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’m a first-time screenwriter with my first spec script.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
“Amoureuse” by Kiki Dee (life imitating art).
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Whatever I could find.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Golf… definitely a case of life wishing/praying/begging to imitate art.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I once was blind… then came FilmFreeway. Mercifully, my prior blindness only lasted a couple of months. Wonderful platform – and not only for promoting oneself thus:
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
a) The thrill of having part of my screenplay read by professional actors;
b) Let’s not diminish the cultural value of writer and reader agreeing to disagree without fear of decapitation either way…
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A virgin college student creates his virtual perfect girlfriend… then falls for her real-life lookalike who is anything but perfect.
Jack: Kaleb Alexander
Narrator: Elizabeth Morriss
Adam: Peter Mark Rapheal
Male Golfer: Peter Nelson
Female Golfer: Jen Daniels