Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Amber Nardolillo: Family, friendship and a second chance at a first love (in short)
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it is unlike a lot of LGBTQ films past and present. The story isn’t about “forbidden love”, the characters angst doesn’t come from being LGBTQ and it has a happy ending! I wanted to write an LGBTQ film that was more comedy with the drama secondhand, a film that would be just as good if the characters were writing heterosexual. I believe I accomplished that.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It took me about two years to finish and I still make changes here and there based on feedback.
7. How many stories have you written?
I started writing when I was 11 so too many to count.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Go your own way – Fleetwood Mac
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I found writing for what I believed to be what “others” would want to see was a huge obstacle. Once I started writing this screenplay for the way I wanted to see it, it became a lot easier!
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Anything creative. Drawing, painting. Also very passionate about a youtube series (and feature film) called Carmilla.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I love it! It’s very easy to enter multiple contests after initially setting up an account. I have also gotten valuable feedback through most submissions as well!
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I thought it was a neat idea and would be amazing to see what just a little scene of my screenplay could be like when acted out! The feedback was great! I am still making a few changes based on the feedback I received before the reading was completed!
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Reese is a commitment-phobic lesbian who can’t be in the same room with her homemaker sister Rachel without them verbally eviscerating each other, but, when Rachel’s marriage falls apart, Reese is forced to take her sister in, along with her two kids and their dog until they can get back on their feet. Along the way Reese rediscovers her passion for music, the importance of family and that her first may be the only love that ever mattered.
JIm: Trevor Howes
Narrator: Val Cole
Reese: Veronika Gribanova
Office Girl: Olivia Barrett