Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Carol Hoffman: A woman is caught in the middle of a rift between her emotionally unstable twin sister and authoritative husband.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It speaks to family violence issues and the need to forgive.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
North by Northwest
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
13 feature screenplays, six shorts, many feature stories for The Cleveland Plain Dealer and stories for ABC, AP radio networks and various radio stations while I was a radio news anchor/news director.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Your Song by Elton John
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Volunteering, hosting American Red Cross Blood drives, art, painting, drawing, songwriting, landscaping, interior decorating and my rescue dog, Agatha.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It’s great! Highly recommend it!
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I like that you are about promoting the winners and are always on time with notifications and updates. The feedback was not in line with what others have said.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Logline: A woman is caught in the middle of a rift between her emotionally unstable twin sister and authoritative husband.
Narrator: Elizabeth Morriss
Nora: Jessica Bowmer
Stanley: Justin Martins