Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Renate Grassmugg: The journey of two men to each other.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Drama. Romantic drama. Family drama.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because Kiefer Sutherland and Sam Heughan will be brilliant in it.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Emotion and soul
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
„Time in a bottle“ by Jim Croce
„Something you love“ by Kiefer Sutherland
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I have a very clear vision of „Free Falling“, the movie… So – none. 😉
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My relationship. Movies. Theater. Music. Photography. Travelling.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Max is a happy family man. But when knock-out Frenchman Joel is hired at
his law firm and immediately turns his charm on him, he is increasingly
torn between remaining happily married and returning to his
long-repressed gay life. On a rollercoaster of lust, guilt, surrender,
remorse and confusion, the two men slowly allow themselves a real love,
leaving Max to face the most difficult decision of his life.
Leo Mayer – 1 – DANIEL JONES
Catherine – 4 – OLIVIA BARRETT
NARRATION – CASSANDRA GUTHRIE
Max – 20 – TED POWERS