Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Susie Schecter: Wade Banks, like his two other roommates is a freeloader and slacker. He’s a recent college graduate with no well-defined aim in life. He lives off his parents who plan to severe funds on his twenty-fifth birthday, so when he’s rear-ended by a stretch limo, it’s just in the nick of time or so he thinks.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This comedy has a well defined structure. A beginning, middle and end. It has clarity, believable characters and good timing. Rear-Ended makes good use of surprise, conflict and reversals. I believe comedy is just like drama only in disguise.
Oh, it’s funny.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Coming of age.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
La La Land, Wedding Crashers and Trainwreck.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
I’ve written a novel, “Lifetimes Ago – A Love Story Inspired from Past Life Memories.” Three screenplays, Fantasy Drama, Romantic Comedy and finishing up on a Fantasy Drama/Psychological Thriller.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
I love most all types of music and couldn’t narrow it down to one song.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The psychological obstacle of thinking I’m writing this for nothing and just because everybody that’s heard it thinks it’s funny – that’s not good enough. I’m in a highly competitive field.
The writing flowed.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Love, animals and the environment.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
This scene takes place at a comedy club in Irvine California.
Wade is with his friends for a night of laughs. Recently at a friend’s party, Danny, dyslexic, met a comedian Scarlet, who brushed him off when he tried to talk and dance with her. Scarlet is performing tonight. She’s an insult comedian.
Caitlyn – 3 – Bree Ali
Danny – 10 – Jolly Amaoko
NARRATION – Stephanie Herrera
Scarlet – 13 – Sarah Bedford
Dave – 5 – Russell Batcher
MC – 2 – Brian Carleton