Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Nehemiah Russell: My screenplay involves a small town ambushed by music loving humanoids. A sleepless curious boy named Vite wanders around his home and ends up wandering to the right place at the wrong time.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Moviegoers demand a new kind of horror. Movies like Get Out inspired me to be more adventurous in the way I execute horror, and with all the reboots and live action movies coming out, people want and need new and authentic stories.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Lord of the Rings. Easily.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
After Dark by Asian Kung-Fu Generation
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
There was a lot I wanted to write, but had to narrow down for such short screenplay.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Music and Art. I make my own comics and I perform with various orchestras in the area.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It’s been great. The site is easy to use and the directions are straightforward.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Writing horror stories has always been fun to me. It’s nice to experiment with different concepts and combine them together. This was my first time submitting a horror screenplay, so I will definitely do even better on the second submission.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
They came from the ground, and they stayed for the music.
NARRATION – Anne McMaster
Little Girl – 1 – Brittany Clough
A FilmFreeway preferred festival:
Reblogged this on WILDsound Festival.