Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Haley Isleib: A soldier comes back from war on Mars but nothing seems quite right. She can’t find anyone she remembers–not friends or family, no one. Except this one guy from a somewhat regrettable one night stand. He’s the only one she can turn to for help fighting off the mysterious forces that pursue her as she tries to find her missing family and figure out why the world seems inside out. Also, there are a lot of robots.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Science fiction, action.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It will kick ass and make you laugh.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Probably The Wizard of Oz.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Sporadically for a while.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have no idea. Bunches. Or did you mean coherent, good stories? That’s a smaller number.
8. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Probably the theme songs to various Star Trek shows.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Day job. Other stories kept seducing me. The usual.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It was easy enough.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I found the synopsis written by the festival judge was much better than the one I had written.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A soldier with the enhanced ability to control robots with her mind finds herself the target of mysterious government-related forces when she returns to Earth after a war.
CAST LIST :
Driver: Kevin Gabel
President: Regan Brown
Narration: Laura Kyswaty
Captain: Peter Nelson
Charm: Emily Weir