1) What is the theme of your poem?
It is the cry from the heart that a mother feels on losing her child.But the reader must be aware that father’s can cry, can suffer too.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
I was in a situation , giving my son CPR and at the same time I heard my wife screaming for help as she ran up the road. A young lad offered her assistance at a traumatic time.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
On and off for about ten years.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
The late Dr Douglas Baker who was devoted to help anybody understand the meaning of being kind, charitable and what life was all about. He was a military man who became a doctor. His books make fantastic reading.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I thought an actor could do a wonderful job on the poetry I wrote.
Listen to the poem and see what I mean.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Yes. I’ve tried my hand at all kinds of writing.Short stories,
poetry, novels and even words to match surreal paintings done
by Donald Swartzentruber, the famous Totem artist. I have given my comments on all 36 paintings.(Reported in Warsaw Times).
7) What is your passion in life?
Paying tribute to my late son Dr Michael Gibson PhD who was a specialist in Autofrattage, and other complex problems. His written/published papers have been down loaded in massive numbers all around the world.
Watch the Poetry Reading:
Performed by Danielle Nicole