Matthew Toffolo: What is your novel about?
Catlips Incorporated is about Argyle and Pap along with their friends met along the way, who join together to put a stop to the nip drug usage and the violent cat gangs who sell it.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
The genre is urban fantasy fiction (I think)
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
Entertaining and enthralling
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
There are a few movies: John Carpenters, The Thing, Scarface, Goodfellas, Color Purple
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Prince music-especially his less radio, public music. It’s the best!!
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Stephen King’s It
7. What motivated you to write this story?
My cat (Pap in the story) got into a stashed away supply of catnip, I had put in the drawer. He had too much and his normally peaceful friendly attitude, turned much more aggressive under the catnip “high”. From that incident, the story formed in my mind and grew from there.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
It’s 2 people actually: Maya Angelou and Stephen King
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m also a real estate agent and passionate about buying and selling real estate.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
I hope to get Catlips on audio file so this seemed like a good first step
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Above all else, keep writing. We all bring something to this table we call life, so don’t deny your gift and share it with the world. 🙂
Check out my new fiction novel Catlips Incorporated
Watch the Novel Transcript Reading:
Performed by Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Catlips Incorporated exemplifies the strength of friendship, perseverance and the unwavering sheer determination and courage to stand proud and do the right thing, despite the odds.
Though the feline and canine characters may be a bit unconventional for some, their struggles against the undesirables within their community is a familiar scenario to many.