O.B.E. THE OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE played at the Animation FEEDBACK Film Festival in October 2018 to rave reviews.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Mark Howling: This is my 3rd micro budget short that I’m doing, I try to keep the execution simple with a minimal cost. It is just an hobby (..time consuming hobby…)
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you
to make this short?
I would say one full year from writing to final render.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
This short is a micro budget project, was done mainly with a powerful but old laptop. I had multiple hardware failures, multiple software and hardware updates to do, with only handful software and plugin able to run on that machine. (for the record the laptop blew up one month after the short was done)
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking
about your film in the feedback video?
They seems to know what the short was talking about so I guess … did it right lol
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I always read on the internet very strange stories. What did inspire this short film is maybe a multitude of them glued together.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings
of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I love it! Simple and easy to use.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Too many to list here. Sorry.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m working in the film industry so yes I’m always working on something entertainment related.