Matthew Toffolo: What is the theme of your poem?
Susan L. Brown: Looking at the idea of Philosophy through the lives of ordinary people.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
This poem was a response to an amazing documentary film about contemporary international Philosophers.
Examined Life is a 2008 Canadian documentary film about philosophers directed by Astra Taylor. The film features eight influential modern philosophers …
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I have been writing poetry since I was in public school. I was extremely lucky to have several excellent English teachers during my school career who encouraged and inspired me to write.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
I believe I’d like to have a conversation over dinner with a good story-teller, like ” Mark Twain”.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I like to support all the arts and having an actor participate in my poetry was allowing an opportunity to enjoy another artist’s interpretation of my words and voice.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I have curated art exhibitions and have written exhibition catalogues. When CBC Radio produced an independent contributors’ program named, “OUT FRONT”, I scripted, performed and edited a short production that was aired.
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion in life is creating and sharing my experiences across and through global cultures in my art.