What is your screenplay about?
– the screenplay is about a nuclear submarine commander who is put in an unthinkable position as tensions mount during NATO exercises
What genres does your screenplay fall under?
– genres would be action, thriller, suspense and war
Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
– this short screenplay should be made into a movie as its genuinely authentic in depiction, reflects tensions in our times and makes the viewer think
How would you describe this script in two words?
– describe script – authentic nailbiter
What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
– either Bladerunner or a Matter of Life and Death
How long have you been working on this screenplay?
– on and off, I have been working on this screenplay for about 6 months
How many stories have you written?
– i’m not sure how many stories i’ve written in total but screenplays about a dozen and all of them short and each one written over several weeks or months
What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
– I listen to a lot of music so difficult to say what i’ve listened to most although ‘couldn’t love you more’ by john martyn or ‘days gone down’ by gerry rafferty would be up there along with songs by porcupine tree/ steven wilson, the pineapple thief and francis dunnery/ it bites…
What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
– obstacles would be time between work and family to complete
Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
– other than writing, I read a lot of fiction and non-fiction, go to the cinema, photography, music, attending gigs, eating out etc…
You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
– Filmfreeway is good, easy to use and search
What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
– I thought the festival sounded intriguing and interactive so was interested to enter
Genre: Action, Thriller
The commander of a nuclear submarine struggles to deal with an accident during NATO submarine exercises that quickly escalates into a deadly international conflict.