Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
-A lazy father takes his four-year-old daughter to rural North Jersey to meet her favorite movie character, Bambi, in hopes of proving to her that he is a fun dad and to gain a parenting win over his ex-wife. He soon learns that finding Bambi is much more difficult than anticipated.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
-I think it should be made into a movie because it’s entertaining and funny.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
-Funny and Dark.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
-On and off for about six months.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
-I mostly listen to Led Zeppelin, and it’s hard to choose which Zeppelin song is my favorite, but I’d have to settle on When The Levee Breaks.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
-I’d say the biggest obstacle was that I would go back and forth in my head with being uncertain if whether I was feeling like the script wasn’t good due to being sick of writing/rewriting it, or if I had gotten to a point where I realized that it actually wasn’t good. Plus it was sometimes hard trying to get motivated to write after coming home from my full-time job.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
-Movies and Comedy.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
-I haven’t used Withoutabox in four years or so, so I’m sure it has gotten better, but when I switched to FilmFreeway I instantly found it to be much more convenient to use and I have been using it ever since.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
-It always showed up when I searched for comedy film festivals, and it seemed like a good one. I thought the feedback was great and very well thought out. I really appreciated the time that was taken to read through the script and come up with notes and constructive feedback.
A lazy father takes his four-year-old daughter to rural North Jersey to meet her favorite movie character, Bambi, in hopes of proving to her that he is a fun dad and to gain a parenting win over his ex-wife. He soon learns that finding Bambi is much more difficult than anticipated.
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.