WINE & EGGS played to rave reviews at the April 2018 Under 5 Minute Film Festival in Toronto.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
– It’s a filmmaking and directing workshop project at Istanbul Film Academy.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
– 5 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
– Wine and Eggs : )
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
– The rain effect : )
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
– I was with my friend when I got the feedback video. I was very happy and shared with my friend.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Videos of the Short Film:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
– The idea belongs to my brother’s wife. I told her I needed a script to make a short film. A few days later she called me and told me the story. I was very impressed at the first time I listened. Then we worked on the script together.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
– It may not be the film I seen the most but my favorite and touching film is Nuri Bilge Ceylan’s “Cloud of May”.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
– Filmfreeway is my favorite festival platform. I submitted to many festivals through this platform. Making it much easier for filmmakers.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
– Pink Floyd’s “High Hopes” is my favorite song and video clip.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
– It’s been 2 years since my film. I really want to make a new film. I’m working on a superhero film that’s in the idea stage.
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.