1. What is your screenplay about?
After a rebellious princess is cast to the farthest planet and forcibly shapeshifted, she must team up with a rogue bounty hunter to steal an antidote and return home in time to prevent war by sealing an intergalactic alliance with her arranged marriage.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
It is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Action Adventure.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It tells a unique story which has everything to gain from being shown on the big screen. Because while riding through funny, action set pieces and fast pace, with a diverse cast of stuntmen and circus performers, it definitely appeals to a four-quadrant international audience.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
It is a swashbuckling adventure relating the fun heist of an impregnable vault by a young princess in search of a shapeshifter serum, who forges unlikely bonds along her journey with outcast teenagers and a rogue bounty hunter. Only to learn who she is, and what love and friendship are.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Stanley Kubrick’s 2001 Space Odyssey.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Three months for the first drafts, then twice as many for the rewrites.
7. How many stories have you written?
Five altogether: three feature scripts, a half-hour comedy TV Pilot, and a short script.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Al Green’s Let’s stay together.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I had two possible endings. But I was advised to choose the romantic one, in lieu of a more funny, amoral one.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m the vocal lead in a Jazz Band named Oh Happy Fiu, which is a pun on a Tahitian word roughly meaning Carpe Diem. I also paint and handcraft costume jewelry.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It is an excellent platform which allowed me to discover interesting contests I was not even aware of. They provide an easy and secure way to submit screenplays. And, they kindly give exposition to those which place well.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
My feelings were as mixed as the initial feedback I received putting stress on the good and the bad aspects of the script with pinpoint accuracy.
So, I felt a bit disappointed by my results, but determined to take their advice to improve my script to the best.
Now, I couldn’t miss this festival providing such an exceptional showcase for my work.
Genre: Sci-Fi, Adventure
The story starts on planet Stellanor in the Orion galaxy at a crucial moment in intergalactical politics, against a background of mounting tension due to a catastrophic shortage of natural resources, since the drought-stricken planets are ready to invade the fertile ones — unless an Intergalactic Alliance is sealed.