YOU’RE DEAD WRONG played to rave reviews at the April 2018 EXPERIMENTAL FEEDBACK Film Festival in Toronto.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Craig Lobo: The challenge of telling a narrative story driven by music is something I’ve always been interested in. The song You’re Dead Wrong really stuck with me when I first listened to it and the opportunity to make a film that brought this track to life was too exciting to pass up.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
– The entire project took aprox 8 months to complete.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
– Suspenseful and fun.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
– Once we wrapped principle photography and began editing the footage together we found the story/music wasn’t working as well as hoped. Had to go back for re-shoots to tie the whole thing together. That was the most challenging part.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
– They seemed to grasp the themes and motivations behind the film quite well. I was pleasantly surprised.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
– I wanted to tell the story of a strong female character. This was very important to me. Once I had the lead character in mind I added suspense to the story and finally a bit of misdirection to have a good payoff at the end.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
– David Finchers Se7en. I’ve seen that over 30 times and each time I watch it I learn something new.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
– Its fine as-is. The one suggestion I might offer to the platform is providing feedback to the filmmakers so they can learn/improve on their projects. (though I understand this might not be possible given the vast amount of submissions each festival must receive)
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
– Sia: Elastic Heart
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m currently finishing production on a new suspense/action film Dangerous Rumors which should be complete June 2018. Very excited to begin showing this at Festivals.
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.