JOY! BLUE MOON played to rave reviews at the April 2018 Experimental FEEDBACK Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
John Vollmer: It’s what I see in my head and wanted to see it realized.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
About 4 months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The people at PerspectX and Bunko Studios were very receptive to my input and did a great job, so no obstacles really.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
They seemed to like it and brought up some great points. I could tell that they really watched it and understood, which was great!
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video of the Short Film:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
Have always heard music in my head and sometimes they give me images that seem to go with the music, tho very seldom are the images lyrics-driven, as most music videos are.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Many. Nobody’s Fool comes to mind. And Hobson’s Choice, which I have shown to all my friends.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
FilmFreeway is a terrific venue for submitting to film festivals and were always very helpful on the rare occasions when I had a question.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
My goodness, whatever is in my head at the moment, playing like a radio in the background. Right now it’s Surfer Girl, but as I say, I hear music constantly.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Trying to attract attention in a full-length film, as I have many dozens of these in mind.
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.