Get to know the writer:
1. What is your TV Pilot screenplay about?
The story concerns a man gifted with the ability to locate people by touching objects they own or able to pick up on events from surrounding objects. This ability has drawbacks and dangers that he struggles to overcome, and fears coming from what and how much he sees and feels. Plus, his activities have caught the interest of an unsavory character that has his every move watched and wants him for his own purposes.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a TV show?
It shows that even someone with an extraordinary ability, in this case, psychometry, is still human underneath. The main character has the same flaws, fears, errors of judgement, and emotional baggage as anyone else.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What TV show do you keep watching over and over again?
– CSI: Crime Scene Investigations.
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
– 2 years
6. How many stories have you written?
7. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
– ‘The Dancing Bear’ – Mamas and the Papas
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
– trying to keep the main character human, less someone who knows all the answers to one that needs to bumble his way through the story on occasion.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Gardening, Art (painting, drawing), Anything sci-fi, reading.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival?
What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received? I had heard good reports on the Festival from the comments on FilmFreeway, and others in my circle of writer friends. As for the feedback, it was extremely helpful, and I could see exactly what the person was talking about, and how to fix it.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I have had no complaints about FF. It has been a great way to enter contests and be able to know where they’re going. They have been able to answer any question I have had.
12. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write what you would like to see or you are passionate about. It may not be the ‘show-de-jour’ now, but it could be next week. Know that any script can be improved, and any feedback you may receive is only meant to help make the script better. Most of all, just write.
Genre: Sci-Fi, Drama
Anton Michaels is a college professor with a gift. To some people in the police force Anton is used to help catch criminals with his abnormal psychometric abilities. After an explosion at a nuclear power plant leaves one man as a prime suspect, Anton is called in by his friend Father John to help find his nephew David who he swears could not be involved with the rigged explosion but has mysteriously disappeared.