Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Revelation is about the Day of Judgement, which for all sorts of reasons has become the week of Judgement and is rapidly heading towards being The Month of Judgement.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Heavily based on the use of CGI. Most of the characters are angels or demons. The way the motion capture is used in Lord of the Rings/Planet of the Apes would be appropriate.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Probably the Charlton Heston Ben Hur or North by Northwest.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It started as a radio series (where you don’t need to see the characters) but when CGI showed how good it had become, I converted it to film. I probably took six months in the middle of other stuff I was working on.
7. How many stories have you written?
A lot – in the hundreds as short stories, stage plays and some radio plays.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
I really couldn’t tell you. I listen to music most of the time I’m writing. Mostly Progressive Sixties; Beatles, early Pink Floyd, Yardbirds, Cream etc. In recent music I’ve become a big fan of Joe Bonamassa. He plays the guitar the way I think I play the guitar as long as their is no recorded evidence that I’m playing.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Getting the threads of the plot to work together. I simplified a lot in order not to confuse the audience. The original radio series was a great deal more complicated because I gave myelf thirteen half-hour episodes.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Music. I play guitar and mess about on midi keyboards. We’ve used some of my stuff on the radio plays and are about to use some guitar effects on a short film I’m directing. I’ve just started directing short films and I’m loving that. I’m also keen on wild-life in general and specifically that which we get around the place I live – South Wales in the UK. I enjoy drawing too.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
They’ve always worked well for me. No complaints.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I’ve had several pieces performed by the WildSounders and it’s always been useful simply to watch and possibly re-adjust. In general, I’ve found that feedback varies from the helpful to the “were they reading the same script?” WildSound are always positive in their comments and thereby encouraging and every writer needs that.
Genre: Horror, Thriller
Three demons, four humans and the whole angel hierarchy are involved in the mess-up that has ensued after a botched Apocalypse. While the angels seek to cover their mistakes, the humans and the demons set out to discover the truth and the future of their species.