FREEDOM OF THE WHEELS was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the January 2018 LA FEEDBACK Film Festival:
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Jon Glassberg: We wanted to make a film that made fun of the film festival style and the outdoor industry’s obsession with accomplishment. So, we put two guys on a scooter and made them take an adventure.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
We shot this in January 2017 and had it finished by May 2017 for festival submission at Telluride Mountain Film.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
timeline, budget, and schedule.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
it’s funny and fun, lighthearted and silly.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
we have been aking films in the outdoor space for years and we wanted to do something funny that would poke fun at our community and also be rooted in accomplishment.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
all of our films we watch to death, critiquing and micro tweaking.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the new(ish) submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It’s amazing and easy.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
beat it, michael jackson
10. What is next for you? A new film?
We are working on a few films that are still being tweaked. We will submit again!