Matthew Toffolo: What are my short stories about?
Peter Inson: A practical joke
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The Magnificent Seven.
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
The House of the Rising Sun by the Animals.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Brighton Rock by Graham Greene.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
To amuse reluctant readers.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
My paternal grandfather, William Henry, killed in WW2, six years before I was born.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Beekeeping, good homes for children, choral singing.
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
To see reactions to it. To publicize my work more generally.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Persist. Think hard about the commitment required. Find enjoyment in it.
Watch Short Story Readings: