SLAW SOAKER, 5min., USA
Directed by Tyler Council
This ain’t no backyard toy! This, is a water gun that shoots coleslaw!
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Myself and a buddy Slappy were just saying weird things to each other through text. I said “slop slippers” he said “slaw soaker” and I said I’m making that video!
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
One of our actors couldn’t say one of his lines for some reason haha. We had to do about twenty takes of it.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It felt absolutely amazing to hear such great feedback because we definitely worked hard on this absurdity.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was stationed in the Coast Guard in Alaska, I decided I wanted to do comedy so I went to film school when I got out. I chose to do film so I could make my own weird videos with no limitations from start to scratch.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Helping to make connections with managers, agents, and distributors would be fantastic.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
FilmFreeway is awesome very easy to use.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m shooting a new sketch called, “Urniture”. It’s about a furniture store where you can pee on the furniture and it absorbs instantly.