BOIZ KLUB, 10min,. USA, Satrical Comedy
Directed by Alexis Janae
This satirical comedy follows four powerful white men—Hollywood executives—on their way to the annual Movie Awards in a limousine. They irreverently discuss the current political landscape of the film industry as they partake of fine champahn-ya, and substances more illicit. There’s only one thing… They are portrayed by four young women of mixed ethnicities. Conventions are discarded and tables are turned during this peculiar voyage through the streets of Tinseltown to the film industry’s most glamorous event.
Get to know the filmmaker:
What motivated you to make this film?
I enjoyed being able to speak from the female perspective on how men in the industry are perceived .
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Hayden is our writer and had been working on the script for some time prior but we filmed it in 2 days and editing took a couple months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Getting camera angles in such a tight space . We filmed the whole thing inside of a limo so we had to use a lot of creativity when choosing where to put the camera .
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was happy to see that the audience understood the message we were trying to give .
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I had always loved acting but knew that I also liked having an opinion on the creative side . I knew directing would be the closest thing to acting giving me the opportunity to add my own flare to the story line .
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Social media is pretty big now I would suggest promoting it on more platforms .
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was definitely a smooth experience and you guys responded so promptly which was helpful.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I plan to focus on TV. Making short films and eventually being able to direct a series .