Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A tyrannical HOA wreaks havoc on a community until some “others” try to exist and then to rebel.
Narrator: Geoff Mays
Steve: Sean Ballatyne
Gladys: Hannah Ehman
Betty : Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Get to know the screenwriter:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A couple newcomers find they have moved into a neighborhood with an insane HOA and decide to clash with it.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This show should be made because it is hilarious and a relevant interpretation of individual behavior in prejudice institutions.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Ridiculous and True
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A couple years
7. How many stories have you written?
I’m working on my fourth script (feature).
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
One Hundred Dollars by Manchester Orchestra
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Lack of confidence and six animals (though they also helped many a time)
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Addiction recovery and all animals
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I’ve had an overall very positive experience. Lots of coupons.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I believe a coupon was involved and I definitely wanted feedback. I’ve found it useful and encouraging.