PURPLE, 4min,. Australia, Music Video
Directed by Kyan Li Rong Soh
Music Video depicting cold loneliness.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
In the aftermath of a painful, personal experience, I felt really lonely. This is my expression of that.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took my maybe two weeks. That’s not normal for me, I usually spend a lot of time conceptualizing things before I shoot/record stuff, but this one flowed really quickly.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
A small crew! My family members were my crew.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Some of the more subtle intentions I had while making the film were received and commented upon by some of the viewers. I was surprised and really pleased by that.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I would love to chat with other filmmakers. Other musicians as well, that’d be great. I really want to work with other creatives at the end of the day.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Great. It’s efficient.
10. What is your favorite meal?
McDonald’s cheeseburger meal
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m currently editing a narrative short film. Will be out there soon!