PSYCHE OBSCURA, 8min., USA, Experimental Dance
Directed by Craig Oty
A young woman, captive in a delusional state of mind, is drawn into the depths of a psychotic abyss.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film? — The artistic impulse to express an inner vision of life.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film? — 1 year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!? — Hypnotic meditation.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film? — Keeping the thread of mood to the end.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video? —
Pleasure at the insightful and articulate impressions of the film’s nuances.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films? — I always wrote with an eye to directing.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life? — ‘Persona’ by Ingmar Bergman.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career? — Can’t say as yet. So far, so good.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site? —
All aspects work very well.
10. What is your favorite meal? — Chilean Sea Bass.
11. What is next for you? A new film? — Yes, a new short film of a painter and his search for a muse.