Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A former JAG attorney starts a new life as a private sector lawyer and gets caught up in a class action lawsuit against a crooked pharmaceutical company.
Narrator: Sean Ballantyne
Al/Emmett: Steve Rizzo
Organ Player/Grace: Kyana Teresa
Sylvia: Hannah Ehman
Get to know the screenwriter:
1. What is your screenplay about?
This pilot for Southern Elite Law centers around a veteran JAG attorney who moves to Birmingham, Alabama with her daughter to start over, but she gets caught up in a class action lawsuit against a drug company while she’s starting up her law office.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It has a lot of interesting characters that an audience will want to know more about and storylines that are relevant to this era.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Hmm, this is kind of putting me on the spot. But I’d have to say that Enemy of the State and The Siege tie for most watched. Hands down.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I’ve worked on the pilot for Southern Elite Law for about a year.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’m not honestly sure. I lose track because I’m always typing away on something new.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Michael Jackson (Rock With You)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Dodging COVID and balancing time between my regular job and writing.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m passionate about researching history, especially history from often overlooked ethnic groups. I enjoy a good baseball game (Go Yankees!) Also I enjoy walking virtual 5K’s to help raise money for various charities.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It’s a great way to send off scripts to contests. Instead of having to run around to different websites to manually submit your screenplay, you have FilmFreeway ready to go.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
WILDsound had high ratings, rave reviews and has been around for years. I knew there was a global audience that was eager to see new screenplays. I appreciated the initial feedback, it gave me things to consider for my pilot.