WEIRD ANIMAL – TIMOTHY BAILEY & THE HUMANS, 5min., USA, Music Video
Directed by Rachel Kleinman
Music Video – official
Get to know the director:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Inspired by the lush production and melancholy on Timothy Bailey’s complex song, I wanted to produce a visual that would deepen and twist the meaning in contrast to the bright sound.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
several weeks of prep, 2 days to shoot
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
completing the shots on our tight schedule
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was very gratified that most seemed to get the impetus for the b&w vs. color, the nostalgic vs, the present
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
initially in college, then it resurfaced about 10 years ago after a long career in the film industry as a script supervisor
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
probably Wizard of Oz, going back to annual viewings as a child.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
make watching others’ films more accessible, offer a forum to communicate with other filmmakers
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
any meal with family or friends
11. What is next for you? A new film?
likely work as a script supervisor on a movie to make some funds for my next film, a short narrativ