UNVEILED FROM WINTER, 7min., Canada, Experimental
Directed by Nicolas Padovani
Inspired by the poetry of the landscape during a season’s change and these upset bodies, this project is an attempt to expose the interiority of a season leaving its spot to another.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Myself and Mélia, we had this desire to create something during the pandemic and we made some videos together before but it was always planned in advance with a specific idea in mind. In this project, we decided to have little to no constraints and to improvise as much as we could to see where it would lead us.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
We shot the whole thing in one afternoon and I think I made the edit for the very first screening in 2 months or so.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Nothing much really.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Humbled and eye-opening.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Watching Tarantino and Lynch at a younger age.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably Back to the Future by Robert Zemeckis.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
This has been my very first festival experience so far so I wouldn’t know where to begin to be honest haha. Everything has been surprising and fantastic so far.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
No issues whatsoever, I had a smooth experience.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Probably but I’m not sure when yet.