Watch the Story Reading:
Escape the pens of the dog shelter with Sadie, the Saint Bernard and her friends in search of loving homes.
Narrator: Val Cole
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your short story about?
My short story is about 4 dogs given up by their owners and put into a Dog shelter. They become friends due to Sadie’s unselfish spirit. Sadie is the Alpha dog and plans their escape so she can help to find them loving homes.
2. What genre(s) would you say this story is in?
The genre is family animated.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
I describe this story as Family oriented.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The movie I have seen the most is: It’s a Wonderful Life
5. Do you remember the time in your life when you realized that you wanted to write?
I told my sisters bedtime stories starting at the age of 9.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
An old- time favorite was: Old Yeller.
7. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is simple casseroles.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
I would love to have dinner with Jimmy Stewart.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My other hobby is drawing and painting with acrylics.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
If I could give advice, it would be to never stop the one main thing you have a great passion for. Even as a hobby, because you never know when it could turn into something more.