ALTERED, 10min., USA, Drama
Directed by Jenn Marinello
Anne is ten minutes away from walking down the aisle. The world around her has other plans.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
As someone who was a wedding photographer/videographer for a few years, I wanted to capture the fast paced environment that the time before walking down the aisle can be. I’ve been to some chaotic bride and groom preparations, and I wanted to shrink that down to a hectic 10 minutes.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Over a year! I started writing Altered in July 2020, we were in preproduction for a few months. We then were in production in the spring of 2021 and we finished editing in fall November 2021!
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
COVID! Since we filmed in spring 2021, the world was just starting to get their vaccines and wanted to do everything we could do be as safe as possible while making this project. This means masks whenever we weren’t going for a take, weekly testing, and have zones for different crews on set so there was the least amount of cross contamination of people as possible.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was so amazing to get outside perspectives on the film! and even better that they liked it! I absolutely love hearing how people can pick up on subtext or relate to characters. It makes me feel all worth it to me!
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I have always been into photography and making videos. When I was in high school I was in the TV Production classes and I never had a question of what I would want to study in college, I just knew that was it.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I love getting inspired by others and their films!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I love Film Freeway!
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
My 2023 New Years goal is to make another short this year so I am hoping to start writing soon!