GREAT JOB, MATTHEW, 7min., USA, Drama
Directed by Matt LeGrande
A narcissist battles identify theft with a customer service representative.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’m a standup comedian and during the pandemic I was unable to perform. I needed an outlet – something to pour my energy into.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I shot this in November of 2020 and I finished editing in August of 2021.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I did a horrible job recording sound and had to work incredibly hard to make it listenable. I also had to reshoot and restructure the first two minutes because they were not coherent enough during the first edit.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt pure joy. It’s nice to hear from people who have no personal connection to me yet connected with this story.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I’ve always enjoyed telling stories but it wasn’t until the pandemic when I was somewhat forced into going outside my comfort zone to create.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I would love to see a general score sheet. Not out of competition but to see what people enjoy the most / least
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It’s a great platform. very user-friendly
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m going to record my first stand-up album and then I would like to direct another short.